[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.22-1

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 16 16:11:00 GMT 2006

Champ Mendis wrote:
> I reinstalled the above Cygwin version. But when I run the file it
> behaves as follow,
>
> $ ./sensor
> /sensor: ./sensor: cannot execute binary file
> cmendis@Ranmen_Dell ~/simsens-5.0
> $ rm sensor <-REMOVED AS ADVISED BEFOFRE
> cmendis@Ranmen_Dell ~/simsens-5.0
> $ ./sensor
> cmendis@Ranmen_Dell ~/simsens-5.0
> $ ./sensor
> cmendis@Ranmen_Dell ~/simsens-5.0
> $ ./sensor<inputm <-NO OUTPUT
> cmendis@Ranmen_Dell ~/simsens-5.0

When was the last time you updated? A while back a change was made
w.r.t. handling of .exe's (which Cygwin treats as 'missing the
extension' in some instances). My guess is you have a 'sensor.exe' that
is executable, and had a 'sensor' that was not. So when you did 'rm
sensor', you removed 'sensor', and then when you do './sensor' you are
running 'sensor.exe'.

--
Matthew
"What's Cygwin?" you ask.