1.5.21-1: sshd: "child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed" after computer reboot (Windows 2000 SP4)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 7 23:24:00 GMT 2006

Dan Harkless wrote:
> Double argh.  After rebooting, I found sshd wasn't running at all.  Looking
> at /var/log/sshd.log, I found a ton of:
>
>> C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe (1584): *** proc magic mismatch detected -
>> 0x704D1F7E/0xD079E02.

This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the
cygwin DLL.

> Guess I have to reinstall Cygwin again to get sshd back to its semi-working
> (just not after a reboot) state?

>> Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
>> and delete all but the most recent version.

...did you try this?

--
Matthew
"Try to bring it back in one piece this time." -- Q (MI6)