sshd+ssh localhost connects, but don't reach the shell

Vilar Camara vilarneto@hotmail.com
Tue May 30 02:23:00 GMT 2006

> >> That's right, I had looked at it and completely forgot to mention it.
> >> But my Event Log doesn't add anyting to our discussion: there are only
> >> log entries saying:
> >>  `sshd' service started
> >>  `sshd' service stopped, exit status: 0
> >>  `sshd' service stopped, exit status: 255
> >>  sshd: PID XXXX: Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22
> >>  sshd: PID XXXX: Received signal 15; terminating
> >
> > So it looks normal, as if everything is working fine.
>
>   Eh?  Isn't signal 15 a SEGV?

SIGTERM, perhaps? The event happens when I gracefully stop the service via
"cygrunsrv -E sshd". It appears together with event "`sshd' service stopped,
exit status: 255".

--
Regards,
Vilar Camara Neto