Cygwin G++ bug? - Python Extension module #including <iostream> dies before initialization

Jim Kleckner jek-cygwin1@kleckner.net
Sun May 28 16:01:00 GMT 2006

Jim Kleckner wrote:
> Brian Dessent wrote:
>> As you can see, this all is contingent upon a program like GDB using the
>> Windows debug API.  Without that, the entire issue is irrelevant, so I
>> can't see how this possibly would apply to Python.
>>

> Thanks for explaining how the Windows debug API is the one
> actually catching the exception rather than GDB directly
> changing how exceptions are caught.  This is useful.
>
> I will be surprised if there doesn't turn out to be some
> commonality between the pthread_mutex_init issue
> and something Python is doing either directly or
> via the use of dlopen().

Indeed, cgf is a magician and his patch in snapshot
*2006-05-27 appears to fix the signal handler issue
for Python.  As mentioned in his patch message,
this may fix the signal handler issues for many DLLs.

Many many thanks.

Jim
*