stdio.h

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Fri May 26 10:13:00 GMT 2006

On 26 May 2006 06:14, Wynfield Henman wrote:

> I have run into problems with getline being defined in stdio.h

  That's a really imprecise description of the situation.  Could mean
anything.

> I  understand that a GNU system has it defined there but not any other
> system.
>
> Please look into where "getline" should be defined in stdio.h or not.

  Cygwin counts as a GNU system, since it tries it's hardest to be like linux.

  Your problem is not really that getline is defined in stdio.h; your problem
is that you are making hardcoded assumptions when you should be using autoconf
(or similar) tests.

    cheers,
      DaveK