Java program under cygwin?

Jim Drash jim.drash@gmail.com
Tue May 23 19:40:00 GMT 2006

The GUI  in linux (and in other Unixes) is provided via an X-Server.
An X-server provides a means for client programs (the Java app in
question) to "draw" on the display.  I use the CygWin/X server all the
time to do just what you are wanting to do.  Look at the second link
down on the cygwin home page ( http://www.cygwin.com/ ).