openssh 4.3p2-3 - Timeouts on an Intel Centrino Duo machine

Simon McQueen sm@prismtech.com
Tue May 23 14:34:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I note this thread:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00007.html

I've just got a Dell Latitude D620 with a dual core processor and it's
exhibiting what I think might be the same problem. In my case the issue
appears when I'm checking out from CVS using ssh. Checkouts from
repositories not using ssh work fine as do checkouts using ssh from my
desktop (not dual core) using the same version of cygwin. (I'm also not
seeing any problem from our dual CPU win2k3 server down the hall to
answer the question from Erich Dollansky in
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00023.html).

Being new the machine is pretty much empty. Cygwin was the third thing
in there after VC++ 6 and 7.1.

Here's an example error message:

U ACE_wrappers/ACEXML/parser/parser/Entity_Manager.cpp
U ACE_wrappers/ACEXML/parser/parser/Entity_Manager.h
U ACE_wrappers/ACEXML/parser/parser/Entity_Manager.i
U ACE_wrappers/ACEXML/parser/parser/Makefile.am
U ACE_wrappers/ACEXML/parser/parser/Parser.cpp
Disconnecting: Timeout, server not responding.
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

Sometimes the timeout line is not produced and on about 1 in 4 of the
failed checkout attempts ssh is throwing out the attached stack dump
which sadly doesn't look particularly illuminating.

cygcheck output is also attached. If anyone has any ideas or if I can
help with debugging this at all then please let me know.

Cheers,
--
Simon McQueen                                    sm@prismtech.com
PrismTech OpenFusion TAO Team                   www.prismtech.com