rxvt and line-drawing characters

Tue Mar 21 07:46:00 GMT 2006

Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Basically, you're stuck with 'pstree -A'.
> Works in Cygwin but not on my Linux box (Fedora Core 3):
>
> Jupiter:pstree -A
> pstree: invalid option -- A
> usage: pstree [ -a ] [ -c ] [ -h | -H pid ] [ -l ] [ -n ] [ -p ] [ -u ]
>              [ -G | -U ] [ pid | user]
>       pstree -V

Hmm.  So, you're ssh'ed in to your linux box from your cygwin machine,
using a terminal emulator under cygwin but executing pstree on the linux
system.

Ah.

Well, you can try xterm instead.  It intercepts the VT-100 control
sequences and draws the box "glyphs" itself, without regard to the font
you're using.  So it kinda always works.

Also, rxvt-unicode does the same thing (see
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-03/msg00119.html )

But both of those options work only if you're using a local X-server on
your cygwin machine, to display the locally-running terminal emulator
program (xterm or rxvt-unicode).

--
Chuck