newbie:Missing .bashrc and other startups

BeemerBiker jstateson@swri.edu
Mon Mar 20 15:58:00 GMT 2006

I installed cygwin but did not select enough tools.  Took about 4 installs
before I thought I got all the stuff I needed, x11, etc, etc.  However, there
is no .bashrc nor .bash_profile.  cd /home/xxx does nothing except report home
does not exist.  echo $HOME does work.  Is there a fix for this?  What did I
fail to setup?   I looked at a friends system and his home directory has all
the bash stuff that I am missing.  Shall i uninstall and then select everything
and re-install?  I googled but didnt see this problem.

..thanks..

http://ResearchRiders.org     99'R1100RT