1.5.19 - Cygwin / ssh server / windows 2003

Le Foll, Olivier Olivier.Le-Foll@atosorigin.com
Fri Mar 10 18:07:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have a problem using OpenSSH under Cygwin on a W2K3 server and I
didn't find any valid solution on web even there are a lot of messages.
My problem :

I deployed cygwin (DLL 1.5.19) with openssh 4.3p2 on several w2k3
servers and behaviour is the same :

It is possible to connect to the ssh server (via ssh command from
another machine) only if the user belong to administrators group OR if
the user belongs an authorized_keys file which allows remote RSA public
key. And it only works only if it is a local user (not in domain).

It becomes effective as soon as I changed "Member of" with
Administrators for the user. Change in /etc/passwd (gid 544) doesn't work.
It think to permission problem but I don't know where to find.

Thanks for help.

Olivier.