Problems after upgrading to 1.5.19-4

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Mar 9 14:21:00 GMT 2006

On 09 March 2006 05:45, Larrie Carr wrote:

> I had this problem a couple of months ago.  My problem was caused by the
> setup.exe being very helpful and (at least for me) defaulting to always
> installing the latest version of anything you already had installed.  And if
> you don't look at the right page, you don't know this is happening.

  "The right page" would, of course, be the very front page at
http://www.cygwin.com/, where it tells you exactly what setup does?

"Once you've installed your desired subset of the Cygwin distribution,
setup.exe will remember what you selected so rerunning the program will update
your system with any new package releases."

  The default /could/ be for setup.exe to do nothing, but that would make it
less useful, particularly for newbies who just want to get a cygwin install up
and running from scratch.

    cheers,
      DaveK