gcc-g++ can not find included files

Agnes Bousquier agnes.bousquier@etu.enseeiht.fr
Mon Mar 6 15:04:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

  I am trying to compile the C++ program included. Unfortunately, when I
type :
"g++ -o avcodec_sample avcodec_sample.cpp -lavformat -lavcodec -lz", gcc
outputs many errors telling that it can not find many functions and
variables, after telling :
avcodec_sample.cpp:20:21: avcodec.h : No such file or directory
avcodec_sample.cpp:21:22: avformat.h : No such file or directory

  Can anybody explain me why it can not find these files, although the
path in the "#include" part is right?

Thank you very much in advance

Agnes

PS : I have downgraded gcc to the 3.3.3-3 release, since I had problems
with Octave when I used the 3.4 release