Access to Network Drive under ssh

David Greene greened@obbligato.org
Thu Jun 29 17:00:00 GMT 2006

mwoehlke wrote:

> Anyway, the way I generally get things... well, closer to working, is to
> create a service that calls 'bash -c <some-sshd-init-script>', and have
> the script issue a bunch of 'net use <foo> <bar>' commands and then exec
> sshd. That way you don't have to worry about connections being
> remembered, because they will always be created for you when sshd starts
> up.

That doesn't seem to work for me.  When I start the service (I called
it mysshd), I get this in mysshd.log:

No valid response was provided.
  \\samba-mendota\dag. Do you
want to overwrite the remembered connection? (Y/N) [Y]:

An ssh session looks no different than before as far as
network drives are concerned.

                               -Dave