snapshots: first resort, or last resort?

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Tue Jun 27 00:01:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 01:19:35AM +0200, Markus Sch?nhaber wrote:
>Nevertheless I'd like to propose that the cygwin snapshots shouldn't merely be
>called "snapshot" in the future but "stable snapshot". This might help to
>provide the cozy and warm feeling which seems to be so desperately needed.

There is the small problem that snapshots are not guaranteed to be
stable, of course.

When we think a snapshot is stable and we're close to a release, Corinna
or I ask for testing of the snapshot so that we can get to a release.
Otherwise, there are no guarantees.

cgf