Trying to run VBScript from Cygwin

steve dean mrstevedean@hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 09:26:00 GMT 2006

>You are aware when you ssh (or rsh/telnet, etc) into a Windows box using
>Cygwin that you are using pty's and that many Windows programs don't like
>pty's.
>
>You might try re-writing that VBScript something more suitable for Cygwin
>like Perl or something like that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know very little about Perl but from what I've
seen whilst Excel will work the other programme (a CAD package) won't. Have
you any other ideas?

I also appreciate that I am running GUI applications but intend to run them
in batch in the background and therefore don't need any display to be
visible. Not sure if this is an added problem or not. Ideally I want to run
everything on my linux box and then fire off an ssh to a Windows box running
cygwin to do the bits that don't exist on linux.

Sorry about the disclaimer. Forgot it was going to be there. I've now moved
to a non-work address to stop it happening. Didn't see anything that says
it's against site policy so sorry.

Thanks for your help,

Steve