Updated: vim-7.0.017-1

Reid Thompson reid.thompson@ateb.com
Mon Jun 12 17:05:00 GMT 2006

Luis P Caamano wrote:
> Well, almost.  After updating I realized that gvim is not included :-(
> so I ended up with a vim 7.0 and a gvim 6.4, which is not that useful
> it seems.  Had to go back to 6.4.
>
> :-(
>

> On 6/12/06, Luis P Caamano <lcaamano@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/12/06, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>> > I have updated the version of vim on cygwin.com to 7.0.017-1.
>> >
>> > This is the long awaited vim 7.0, latest patchlevel 17.  Cygwin Vim
>> > still builds from the vanilla sources.
>>

>> Thank you!!!!
>>

>> --
>> Luis P Caamano
>> Atlanta, GA USA

Build it from source...
If anyone can advise how to 'fix' the caveat listed at the bottom, I'd
appreciate it.

cd /usr/src
mkdir vim
cd vim
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/vim7
cd vim7
./configure  --enable-rubyinterp --enable-cscope --enable-fontset
--with-features=huge
make
make install

only one caveat -- when invoking gvim, you have to pass the -f
parameter, otherwise you will get:
gvim: Fatal IO error 128 (Transport endpoint is not connected) on X
server :0.0.

thanks,
reid