Issue with Find command on windows NT

Igor Peshansky pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Jun 8 19:19:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Vishwanath_Karthik wrote:

> Hi,
>      Find command not seems to be working on Network shares on only
> Windows NT.
>      On Windows 2K,Winodws XP and Windows 2003 it seems to be working
> fine.
>
>       The command issued was
>
>       find I:/TREEABC -print
>
>       where "I " is the mapped network drive.

Does "find /cygdrive/i/TREEABC -print" work any better?

>      On All other Windows except Windows NT It displays all the files
> under TREEABC directory recursively.
>
>      But on Windows NT it does not do that.
>
>      Is there any reason for such behavior .Can this be patched up so
> that it works on Windows NT too?

Just a WAG, but try "find I:/TREEABC -noleaf -print" -- you may be running
into inode emulation problems on Windows NT.

Otherwise, please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines
at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.  There was also a message on this
list from Corinna Vinschen[1] with a program you could build and run on
your system to print the detailed network drive information -- that might
be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
HTH,
	Igor
[1] <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-04/msg00314.html>