UNIX Network Programming (unpve13e) make failing (AF_INET6 undeclared).

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Jun 8 17:22:00 GMT 2006

Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
> Huw wrote:
>> The next issue I have is:
>>
>> mcast_leave.c: In function `mcast_leave_source_group':
>> mcast_leave.c:78: error: storage size of 'mreq' isn't known
>
> I don't know anything about the ip_mreq_source structure,
> but it looks to me like the current version may be having
> general issues with support for various platforms and
> configurations.

Right. One of our products was defining it for the longest time, and
suddenly it started breaking on Linux, so it seems like it's very spotty
whether or not the OS will define this structure. RHEL3 doesn't seem to
have it, but FC4 does. So does Solaris 10 (x86, anyway), but not Solaris
9 (sparc). My copy of Cygwin seems to have it, but only in
<w32api/ws2tcpip.h>.

--
Matthew
Who let the hippos out?