apache2 reports bad system call

Thu Jun 8 04:57:00 GMT 2006

Robert Khachikyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I successfully have installed and have been using cygwin on my windows XP.
> Just recently I decided to add a web server. After installing the apache2,
> it complains of 'Bad system call':
>
> Robert@home_pc /etc/apache2
> $ /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe
> Bad system call
>
> Robert@home_pc /etc/apache2
> $ /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe -v
> Server version: Apache/2.2.2
> Server built:   Jun  6 2006 13:28:20
>

> However, when starting the apache1.3.33, I have no problem. But due to
> security,
> I'd like for the apache to be up-to-date.....You guys have any
> suggestions?....thanx....

Read the readme?  Sounds to me like apache2 requires IPC via Cygserver.
I would think the readme would talk about this (don't have apache2 installed
myself so I don't know for sure but then again Max is a pretty thorough guy).
If you're looking for more info on Cygserver, see:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygserver.html>

Holliston, MA 01746