How can I copy the configuration from one PC to another?

Richard Foulk richard@skydive1.com
Tue Jul 25 06:12:00 GMT 2006

> Hi!
>
> I think that several people have this problem: If you get a new PC you
> have to manually switch on all programs that you want or need.
> Is it possible to copy the configuration from one PC to another and if,
> how?

This isn't necessarily a Cygwin question.  But it's a very important
question with only one reasonable answer, in my opinion.

If you want to move all software from one computer to another then
check out Acronis True Image with the Universal Restore option.  It will
restore a Ghost-like backup to just about any other PC, automatically
handling the change of devices.

I have nothing to do with Acronis other than being a satified customer.

Richard