When ssh'd in, cannot run MS compiler /Zi debug option.

Mark Charney mark_charney@ieee.org
Fri Jul 21 01:22:00 GMT 2006

mwoehlke <mwoehlke <at> tibco.com> writes:

> >      Fatal Error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please
> >      check your installation.

> Actually, you might want to read
> <http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=357051&SiteID=1>.
>
> This seems to be a problem with cl.exe, NOT Cygwin (and yes, I have the
> exact same problem). At the very least, Interix's SSH has the same
> issue. There is supposed to be a hotfix, the name of which is mentioned
> in another thread linked via the above thread, but you have to go
> through Microsoft support to get it .
>
> (If you do get it, I would really appreciate a copy .)

Thanks. Actually, I'm one of the posters on that thread that that thread links
to.  I received the hotfix Tuesday (and it does *not* work for me.  (Spent all
day on the phone!) I've got an open case w/ Microsoft and they don't really
understand the issue yet, as far as I can tell. Cygwin baffles them. Now that I
know that i need to add some rights to the sshd_server account for public key
auth, I think I might have a hope of getting help from MS, but not sure yet.

Using password authentication does work, and is a sufficent workaround. I'm
still trying to figure out what  Corinna was referring to with this:
>     add the user account sshd_server resp. SYSTEM to
>     the list of users which can access the "Program database", whatever
>     that is.

Regards,
Mark