Probllem with New GDB/Eclipse

Doyle Rhynard drhynard@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 20:04:00 GMT 2006

The newest version of gdb, gdb-20060706, does not work correctly with
Eclipse-3.2 + CDT-3.02 (C/C++ plug-in). The problem is that the source
code files are not found by gdb during debug sessions. I tried several
different methods to force gdb to associate the source files without
success. After replacing the new version with gdb-20041228, the Eclipse
debugger worked properly, including no trouble displaying source files.

If I had to guess, the recent changes to gdb to make it work with the
Insight debugger broke some compatibility mode with other debuggers,
including Eclipse. In any case, gdb needs to be fixed.