How to get more than one X-window?

Vanguard vanguard.news@yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 01:45:00 GMT 2006

I did the install of Cygwin a couple days ago but have been fumbling
around trying to get more than one X-windows session opened on the
screen.  I will open Cygwin (which loads a bash shell) and then run
"xwin -query <hostname>" to get a login session on that host (on the
particular host to which I am currently connecting, I get logged in
under KDE).  I then want another X-window opened to another host.  I
work on several hosts at a time.  If it were just the one host, I can
open xterms inside the one X-windows session shown on my Windows host.

When, in a bash shell, I try to run another "xwin -query
<otherhostname>", a bunch of text pops up which basically tells me that
the X server is already running.  Well, yeah, it got started by the
first xwin command.  Doesn't the Cygwin X-server handle more than one X
session at a time?

I'm actually used to using Reflection X or Exceed X to connect to Unix
hosts from my Windows box but I don't have those available at some
locations and they said to use Cygwin (because it was free).