Question on configuring Cygwin for httperf

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Wed Jul 5 17:24:00 GMT 2006

On 05 July 2006 18:15, Bhagwan Anjanappa wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I am trying to configure httperf (web performance evaluator) on
> Cygwin I am encountering a few errors which I think is native to
> Cygwin. The first error I got was gcc not found but I went and
> installed the gcc make and other packages. Now I have a new error
> comming up It says like below

> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking wether the C compiler <gcc> works..... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables
>
> I am in a fix and my work is held up as I cannot get any further. Any
> reply would be kindly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

  You'll need to read the config.log file that configure left behind to find
out why it reckons the compiler doesn't work.  (I can't remember off the top
of my head: you may or may not need to re-run the configure command with the
'-v' option added in order to get full output.)

    cheers,
      DaveK