MEX interface + DAE solvers in Fortran + gnumex/cygwin/mingw

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Jul 1 10:48:00 GMT 2006

James R. Phillips schrieb:
> I receive the mailing list in digest form, so forgive the lack of threading on
> this reply.  BTW, good to hear from a Rose-Hulman student (I am an alum).
>
> I think your basic problem is that you don't need cygwin _and_ mingw installed.
>  You need one or the other, but not both.  Since the web site you refer to
> mentions that cygwin gcc doesn't always work with matlab, I would suggest you
> forget cygwin and go with mingw (and msys) all the way.  Try that, and if it
> doesn't work, at least your problem is simplified, and it may be easier to find
> an answer.  And BTW, you can't post mingw issues here - this list is cygwin
> only.

Further off-topic:
I successfully run a gnumex setup within cygwin (gcc and perl from gnu,
not matlab), and I prefer -mno-cygwin in the libs.
So it does work fine with a basic cygwin setup.
Just from gcc-3.3 on it gets problematic, esp. with C++ sources.

But lcc should work fine for the hairer libs.

> Wnen you have a minute, take a look at the cygwin octave package - it can do
> most of what matlab does, and there is even some mex compatibility if you
> install octave-forge.

But no simulink :(
--
Reini Urban