Customizing setup.exe (How to specify "default" packages)

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sat Jul 1 02:42:00 GMT 2006

Harry Dellicker wrote:

> I have seen the suggestion that any packages placed in "Base" will be
> included in the default package list, but that seems like a bit of a kluge.

That is it.  Setup.exe will automatically select "Curr" for any package
in "Base" (and any of its dependant packages) that is not currently
installed.  I wouldn't say "the default package list" because there is
no list and because it's not just a default, i.e. if you uninstall
something in category "Base" then setup will try to install it again the
next time around.  It's more like "anything in this category is taken as
required and always will be selected for installation if not already
installed."

Brian