installation location of packages

pobox@verysmall.org pobox@verysmall.org
Sun Jan 22 21:14:00 GMT 2006

It seems to me that the cygwin packages are installed in different
locations than the locations they would go if ./compile make make
install are performed on the source.

Is that true and if yes are there anywhere instructions where these
locations are so that they can be pointed to applications depending on
them, when such applications are compiled. At the moment I am trying to
compile Cyrus IMAP and as it seems I have to compile from source a lot
of stuff it requires because things do not seem to find the cygwin
packages, though these packages are installed.

Thanks,
Iv