New installation does not connect stdout to terminal

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Wed Jan 11 17:14:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 04:59:47PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Russell K Montgomery wrote:
>>I'm attaching the results of "cygcheck -s -v -r > chgcheck.out"
>
>Well, I'd get rid of the set of clashing unix-alike tools that you have
>installed under C:\bin, for a start, or at any rate remove them from
>the $PATH setting, and then give setup.exe a quick re-run to give it a
>chance to re-do anything that might have gone wrong last time.
>Otherwise this is going to be definitely a tricky one to track down.

Yes, I suspect that this will boil down to non-cygwin tools being
invoked somehow.  So, starting bash with an absolute path from a windows
command prompt and then verifying that invoking commands using absolute
paths would be instructive:

  c:\>c:\cygwin\bin\bash
  bash$ /bin/ls

cgf