New installation does not connect stdout to terminal

Russell K Montgomery work@russellonthenet.com
Wed Jan 11 16:40:00 GMT 2006

I have installed cygwin on a new Windows XP box and when I run Cygwin I
do not get output from commands on the terminal.  The only way I can get
the output is to redirect stdout to stderr "ls -l 1>&2"

I have used Cygwin for several years on Windows 98 and for the past year
on another Windows XP box but have not seen any behavior like this.  I
have searched the archives and not found any reports that are similar to
this behavior.  Have I overlooked something?

I'm attaching the results of "cygcheck -s -v -r > chgcheck.out"

Thanks!

Russell Montgomery
in Corpus Christi, Texas where it a comfortable 54°F with breezes and
74% humidity