unable to debug code with std::string

Krzysztof Duleba krzysan@skrzynka.pl
Tue Jan 10 17:51:00 GMT 2006

Brian Dessent

>> Thanks. I don't like the idea of seeing this message anytime I debug
>> code
>> that's using std::string, though, and I don't think it's "normal".
>
> If it bothers you, comment out the "if (pthread_key::is_good_object
> (key))" check in thread.cc.

It does bother me.

tread.cc from 1.5.18 and from the cvs are very alike and both call
pthread_key::is_good_object in the same fashion. Why only 1.5.19 is having
this problem?

This line surely has a purpose. What will break up if I comment it out? If
nothing then why it is there?

>> I must have missed it and I can't find it now. Any pointers?
>
> It was the thread starting here:
> <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2005-12/threads.html#00026>

Thanks a lot.

Krzysztof Duleba