permissions and ACLs

Ken Senior senior@juno.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Jan 10 15:07:00 GMT 2006

Btw, to further help diagnose, I notice the "read-only" box is shaded
and checked for the C:\cygwin directory.  I have repeatedly (as
administrator on the machine) tried to uncheck this box.  The dialog at
first appears to let me uncheck it, but when I go back into the dialog,
the "read-only" box is still checked, and shaded.  Some other sentient
entity is stubbornly controlling permissions on this directory.  You
would think administrator on the machine can do what he wants, but alas
no!  -K