'su' no longer working?

Joe Smith unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 04:39:00 GMT 2006

> 'su' used to be an executable that worked correctly from a SYSTEM-owned
> shell, but now it's a shell script that simply prints a "not supported"
> message.  Is it possible to resurrect the old "su" executable (that
> perhaps prints the same message if run from a non-SYSTEM account)?

I know. It has been that way for many months (at least on my system). I'm
surprised you just now noticed it.
It is a bit stupid, as su worked if run under a system account, or if run
under a user account with the proper priveleges. (Someplace in this mailing
list are the instructions).
(I know, I gave my main account those once. That let me do 'su SYSTEM' to
get a system owned shell. :) )