please test snapshots: we'd like to release cygwin version 1.20

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Tue Feb 28 05:31:00 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 06:59:50AM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>According to Christopher Faylor on 2/21/2006 6:06 PM:
>>Please observe usual bug reporting rules when reporting on any results
>>from testing a snapshot.
>
>I'm seeing a few regressions on Win98 with 20060220, 20060223.  They
>are making it impossible for me to test CVS coreutils against the
>latest snapshot on Win98.  I haven't had time to further track down
>where the regressions started, as I haven't otherwise used snapshots on
>Win98 since 1.5.19 came out.

The new directory handling code had a problem on win9x.  It would cause
random memory corruption.  The new snapshot should work better.

I was able to configure and build bash with the equivalent of this
snashot.

Does it work any better for you, Eric?

cgf