[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated cygwin package: gnupg-1.4.2.1-1

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Sun Feb 26 21:33:00 GMT 2006

Hi!

Sven Köhler wrote:

>>This version of gpg should have hardcoded the location of all the gpgkeys
>>programs, which are in /usr/sbin.
>
> The gpgkeys_hkp.exe is found, but the cygwin1.dll is not found according
> to the following text:
Yep, is it in your path?

> So gpgkeys_hkp.exe cannot be started, because cygwin1.dll cannot be
> found - whatever the reason is.
The reason is that "upstream" changed the handling of the helper applications.
Before this version gpg set the path to only the directory that contained
the helper application, adding the /usr/bin unconditionally was the work-around
that the cygwin package used. I doesn't work that way anymore.

(snip)
> Just installed gpg-1.4.1-1 again. It works like a charm.
> After installing gpg-1.4.2.1-1 again, it does not work.
>
> So it's really "only" the gpg package that makes the difference for me.
I will look into the underlying problem but I guess it's a path issue.

   Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D