Hanging at GetModuleFileName in inside_kernel function

Peter Rehley peter@rehley.net
Thu Feb 23 16:23:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
On Feb 23, 2006, at 3:20 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Feb 21 13:56, Peter Rehley wrote:

> Due to your problem report and some googling, I had some vague idea
> yesterday, what the problem could be.  But it's not clear if the very
> simple patch I applied yesterday does really change anything with
> respect to your problem.
>
> Please test the 2006-02-22 snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> and report if you see a change, to the good or to the bad.

Yeah, I saw that change, and I tried yesterdays snapshot but it still
hung.  I also did some more googling and found that someone submitted
a patch a few years ago.  The patch checked to see if it was inside
the ntdll.dll by looking at the handle.
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2003-q2/msg00004.html

I found this google too.
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/01/28/63880.aspx

I'm going to try that patch today and see what happens.  Christopher
didn't apply it because it was a bandage and didn't really fix the
bigger problem.

Peter