Another .bashrc Question

O. Olson olson_ord@yahoo.it
Fri Feb 10 23:25:00 GMT 2006

--- René Berber <r.berber@computer.org> ha scritto:

> Recently it was recommended to use (in a command
> window probably is better):
>
> 	bash -x -li
>
> to see what's really going on when bash starts.
>
> You'll see in the output where your .bashrc is
> looked for.
> --
> René Berber

Thanks a lot René for this tip. At least after trying
this out, understood that something is wrong, in my
cygwin installation.

	If I log in (either locally and remotely) I get the
bash prompt, but the .bashrc is not sourced. If I then
type “bash” on the command line then this file gets
sourced.

	Trying to use “w” from another terminal, would list
the users and the ttys. Under the “WHAT” column I see
“–bash” in case of a simple login – but if I type
“bash” under the login I then see “/usr/bin/bash –l”

	This means that when I login some other bash (other
than /usr/bin/bash) is called.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards,
O.O.