"tput init" fails - TERMINFO

Cédric Bretaudeau cedric_bretaudeau@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:24:00 GMT 2006

Thank you for your answer, but in the man page for "tput" command
you can find for "init" parameter :

init   If  the terminfo database is present and an entry for the user's
       terminal exists (see -Ttype, above), the following  will  occur:
       (1)  if  present,  the terminal's initialization strings will be
       output (is1, is2, is3, if, iprog), (2) any  delays  (e.g.,  new-
       line)  specified in the entry will be set in the tty driver, (3)
       tabs expansion will be turned on or off according to the  speci-
       fication  in  the entry, and (4) if tabs are not expanded, stan-
       dard tabs will be set (every 8 spaces).  If an  entry  does  not
       contain the information needed for any of the four above activi-
       ties, that activity will silently be skipped.

There is a "init" parameter for the command "tput".
What's the problem ?

Thank your for your answer.

Cedric