OT observation: displaying share perms while in an ssh session

Andrew Louie louiea@gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 22:46:00 GMT 2006

On 12/20/06, Tom Rodman <cygzx <at> trodman.com> wrote:
> Thought this was interesting. My theory: if your in a cygwin
> *password* *authenticated* ssh session, and you try to get a reporting
> of the permissions for a network share, that the report will fail,
> unless SYSTEM has read rights on the share.

Are you talking about having an SSH daemon running through cygwin on a
windows computer, then accessing that computer through ssh, and trying
to read network shares off of it?

You have to change the SSH daemon to run as a user of the domain so
that it can read network shares properly, this guide is a big help:

http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~kscully/CygwinSSHD_W2K3.html

--
-Andrew Louie