Cygwin 1.5.22 - everything crashes, windows exception

DePriest, Jason R. jrdepriest@gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 00:27:00 GMT 2006

On 12/18/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin)  wrote:
> I believe Outpost has been implicated before when these kinds of problems
> pop up.  Not sure about Avast.  You can check the email archives for details.
> If these are recent changes (or at least different than the last time
> when you didn't have these problems), you can uninstall them and try again.
> Turning them off is not generally enough because of changes these kinds of
> programs make in the network stack when they are installed.
>

> --
> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

I successfully run Cygwin on two different system that use Avast!
anti-virus.  I did not have to create any exceptions from on-access
scanning and I do not have to deactivate the software.

My avast! version information follows -
Program build: Oct2006 (4.7.892)
VPS file: 0659-1, dated 2006/12/16

-Jason