Weird cosmetic bug after viewing bash man page

Eric Lilja mindcooler@gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 20:18:00 GMT 2006

Dave Korn skrev:
> On 14 December 2006 18:48, Eric Lilja wrote:
>

>> Well, the prompt that is displayed directly after "man bash" exits
>> exhibits the hightlighted colors (only seems to happen for that
>> particular man page). If I issue the command stty sane, or any other
>> command, or simply press enter the next prompt doesn't exhibit any
>> highlighted colors but is shown as normal See the picture I posted.
>
>   Gotcha.  Tell us, what is your PS1 setting?  And does the bug go away if you
> expand or shrink the window so that it's showing a different number of lines
> of the man page at one time?  I wonder if it is because there is some
> highlighted text very last thing on the page and 'less' leaves the highlight
> setting in effect when it exits.

My PS1 setting is (also available in the cygcheck.out btw):
PS1 = '\[\e]0;\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$ '
I can't remember if I changed that one or not.
As you suggested I try, I made the window a lot smaller vertically and I
still got the same highlight as before.

>     cheers,
>       DaveK

- Eric