print from xfig

Steven Woody narkewoody@gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 06:11:00 GMT 2006

On 12/5/06, Andrew Louie <louiea@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steven Woody <narkewoody <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > i can run xfig successuflly, but i can not print our network printer.
> > it reported:
> >
> > lpr: printer error: can't open 'd:\printersharename'
> >
> > what do i do? thank you.
> >

> Can you normally print with lpr?
>
> did you try: lpr -P//networkshare/printername

i tried:  lpr -P//CNZUHPR01 myfile, but got
lpr: printer error: can't open '' for writing: The printer name is invalid.

i am not pretty sure if the printer name is ok.  i got the name by
right click the network printer icon in the control panel then select
the 'properties'.  i know it's a HP LaserJet-2300DN and accessable to
me via our company's domain.