cygstart getting The specified file was not found

Michael Schaap cygwin@mscha.nl
Tue Dec 12 13:23:00 GMT 2006

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Does cygstart use CreateProcess and/or GetCurrentDirectory instead of
> fork/exec/getcwd?
>
> If so, cygstart will have to call cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINENV) before
> using the native Windows functions.

No, it uses ShellExecute (see "cygstart --reference").  It does indeed
need to sync the environment, but it does this using its own code.
(Predates cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINENV); I still need to change
cygstart some day to use it.)

However, this is unrelated to this problem, things go wrong long before
that.  It appears that cygwin_conv_to_win32_path incorrectly determines
the current working directory.

It is called as follows:

     cygwin_conv_to_win32_path(aPath, winPath);

where aPath == "hello.txt".

The current directory is "/cygdrive/c/user" =~ "c:\user", but
cygwin_conv_to_win32_path thinks that:

     normalize_posix_path: /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/hello.txt =
normalize_posix_path (hello.txt)

(See Eric's messages for more debugging info.)

  - Michael