No octave prompt (no error messages)

Albert Vos vos_albert@hotmail.com
Fri Dec 8 10:11:00 GMT 2006

>On 07 December 2006 14:22, Tony Richardson wrote:
>
>>Albert Vos <vos_albert <at> hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>>>at home and at work I have the same problem with octave under cygwin. In
>>>both cases I octave just quits without giving any output, no prompt, no
>>>error messages. One computer runs on win2000 Sp4 on which I'm no
>>>administrator and the other runs on winXp Sp2 on which I have all rights.
>>
>>You might try starting octave using "octave -V" or "octave -x" (or both)
>>determine if it is getting hung in one of the startup scripts.
>>Otherwise follow the problem reporting guidelines ...
>>
>>Tony Richardson

>Also try "cygcheck -c octave", which verifies the package is intact.  If
>that doesn't show anything, try "cygcheck /bin/octave.exe" which shows all
>the
>DLLs that octave depends on, and make sure they're all installed: maybe
>there's a missed dependency in the setup.ini lines.

octave -V, octave -x, octave -V -x   all output nothing

>cygcheck -c octave
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
octave               2.1.73-1       OK

>cygcheck /bin/octave.exe
M:/cygwin/bin/octave.exe

I attached the cygcheck.out file, as requested. It was made on the win2000
computer with rxvt as terminal, but I have the same problem with cmd as
terminal.

Play online games with your friends with Messenger
http://www.join.msn.com/messenger/overview