Lots of Vista32 problems

Michael J. Wheeler mwheeler@pittstate.edu
Thu Dec 7 00:29:00 GMT 2006

Unfortunately, the most recent threads on vista do not seem to be related
to my problems and/or are for Vista64-bit.

As far as the snapshots, no dice there either. When I run startxwin.bat,
the "X" system tray icon appears, but xterm never starts. The only process
running appears to be XWin.exe and it is not taking any CPU time. When I
try to click on the icon in the system tray, XWin.exe maxes out one of my
CPUs and that's it.

I would be more than happy to put up an strace somewhere so that somebody
can look at it.

--
Michael J. Wheeler
Senior System Administrator

--
Rap's Law of Inanimate Reproduction:
If you take something apart and put it back together enough times,