Unable to automatically map a drive letter at login

Grant Miller grantmiller1@gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 21:16:00 GMT 2006

On 8/29/06, mwoehlke <mwoehlke@tibco.com> wrote:
> Grant Miller wrote:
> > I just rebooted one of the Windows systems and tried to SSH in to a
> > now clean system (nobody else logged in since booting) with ssh keys
> > and a script in my .bash_profile to attach to a drive letter and I got
> > the same error (System error 85 has occurred).
> >
> > I also changed the drive letter the script was trying to map from h:
> > to q: (a random drive letter that I haven't used before) and I still
> > got the same error.
> >
> > Omitting the drive letter and using UNC paths works, but it's not
> > going to be pretty.
>
> Are you using a 64-bit Windows by any chance?

I'm testing and troubleshooting on Windows Server 2003 (regular 32-bit).

My other systems are running Windows XP Pro (32-bit) and XP Pro x64,
but we're probably going to dump the 64-bit system and stick with
32-bit systems (for application reasons).

--
- Grant Miller <grantmiller1 at gmail dot com>