cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call

Ethan Tira-Thompson ejt@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 28 19:16:00 GMT 2006

> You're asking people for help.
Actually, I'm trying to help *you*.  But I'm rapidly losing my
enthusiasm to do any debugging on this project since I keep having to
jump through hoops.  As Corinna pointed out in a previous reply, it's
a pain to jump into a new codebase and look around, but at least I
was willing to give it a shot on my end, even if no one else is
willing to return the favor on your end.

> Do you really think that littering a bug report with this type of
> thing
> is a useful thing to do?
Actually, I hadn't thought it was really worth its own message --
just a side note to point it out.

But since you feel this is worth its own thread,  perhaps you are
right -- after all, people who are trying to work on your project may
have their messages unnecessarily dropped.  Clear and reliable
communication is very important in a large project, so that is a
pretty big problem.  I'll send a message to cygwin-owner@cygwin.com
to make sure it gets pointed out properly.

thanks,
   -ethan