copying and pasting in the terminal window?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Aug 24 15:50:00 GMT 2006

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>> From:  mwoehlke
>> Cygwin also has an rxvt terminal emulator that may be more to
>> your liking, but I haven't used it and so can't tell you what
>> it's like.
>
> It's awesome, if you're still using the DOS box change over immediately.
> Believe me now and thank me later.

Awesome? It appears to be xterm (which I never liked to begin with),
which needs an X server and is a PITA to configure, has an ugly font,
and probably has issues running certain CUI applications (at least I
know I've heard such rumors). And I see exactly zero ways in which it is
an improvement over Console.

Console is awesome, if you're still using rxvt change over immediately.
Believe me now and thank me later. :-)

If you *must* have an X-based terminal emulator for some reason (or even
just something that isn't using the CUI subsystem under the covers), I
would strongly recommend Konsole as VASTLY superior to xterm/rxvt. You
can get an old version... um, somewhere, or wait and see if KDE4 makes
good on native Windows support (which I guess would no longer be
X-based, but would also not need an X server).

--
Matthew
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. --Badtech