Setup.exe requirements [was RE: Cygintl-3.dll was not found]

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Fri Aug 11 07:40:00 GMT 2006

Tevfik Karagülle schrieb:
> After feedback from cgf, I have scanned setup.ini for packages and
> their dependencies. 54 of 797 packages are qualified for Base either
> directly or indirectly:
> I will develop an NSIS package which creates registry
> Mount points, untar packages above and run the
> Postinstall script. Any suggestions including naming
> are welcome.

Already done for NSIS. See those three people at least:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin&m=111351786214881&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin&m=113525279200090&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin&m=100075284818001&w=2
  => http://cygwin-lite.sourceforge.net/

But be sure to provide the src packages also to your users. e.g. with an
optional checkbox.

All these attempts will most likely fail if a proper cygwin setup is
already installed. It's very easy detect by the mount points in the
registry. So please be sure to play nicely with an already existing
cygwin, and copy only the necessary files to the proper places then. We
hate duplicate cygwin1.dll's.
--
Reini