Older postgresql versions [changed]

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu Aug 10 07:21:00 GMT 2006

Reini Urban schrieb:
> alecswan schrieb:
>> I installed Cygwin on my desktop long time ago. So, now I have old
>> versions
>> of different packages, such as PostgreSQL 7.3.4 set up on my desktop.
>>
>> I am currently trying to set up my laptop and I want to have identical
>> setup
>> to my desctop. Which mean that I want an old version of PG.
>>
>> So, my question is how to install old versions of Cygwin on my laptop
>> that have old versions of Postgres on my laptop?

Google for the cygwin timemachine.

>> P.S. If somebody is interested why I need to install old versions of
>> PosgreSQL on my Windows machine, it's because PgAdmin2 (old versions,
>> which
>> works with PostgreSQL 7.x) can import Access database, but not  PgAdmin3.
>
> PostgreSQL 7.x is still as src in libpq3.
> Install the src package for libpq3 and follow the instructions.

The old binary postgresql-7.4.5-1 is also available as prev, but it's
hard to convince setup to install it.

> Unfortunately it's too much work for me to support parallel postgresql
> server versions as in debian.

Ok, I'm convinced to prepare a new postgresql74-7.4.13-1 package tree,
which installs into usr/lib/postgres74.
Importing MS-Access seems to be a cool feature.
--
Reini