Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Wed Aug 9 18:38:00 GMT 2006

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 01:10:11PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>> I have a modified Linux manpage almost ready to go; I assume that goes
>> to cygwin.patches?
>
> No, that would be appropriate only if the man page was found in the
> winsup hierarchy.  The first line of printf(3) says "NEWLIB" when
> I type "man 3 printf" so that's where a man page patch should go.

Ok, that's what I kind-of thought... Hmm, shame on the newlib folks for
having such a poorly-up-to-date manpage. :-) Anyway, I guess this means
that gmane.comp.lib.newlib will suffice?

(But... this means what? If the newlib folks don't like it, Cygwin is
just stuck with a /wrong/ manpage?)

--
Matthew
This is not the list you're looking for. -- Perversion of Obi Wan